Thursday, January 21, 2010

Revival of the Blog: The Sims 3

First of all, this blog has been sorely neglected.  I have mentioned to R to finally post something.  The whole reason for this blog is to find an outlet for all the gaming, toy hobbies, and what-not.  Let's not start something and not finish it.

Okay, to start off. I've decided to blog about a game that I've been playing.  It's not new as you all know, but it's still as addictive as when I started playing it.  If you enjoyed playing all the previous Sims game, then you would definitely enjoy this one, the 3rd installment of The Sims.  It has also more options for you to work on - traits to assign, opportunities to explore, rewards to unleash, and so on.  Of course, the whole 'playing God' is still very evident with such instances to choose a lazy-ass, rude & inconsiderate characters to having multiple love interests at a time to even killing off own characters by switching to buy mode and suddenly having the character drown on the pool or get stuck inside walls.   These are just the minor situations.  You can go as far as creating a multitude of scenarios.  I'm still on a normal mode type of game play which is trying to see through the whole life cycle of my first character.  On a whole, the latest Sims is much more interactive than before and it really makes you stay hooked for hours at a time.

Just a quick summary of my Sims char., Her name is Alezandra, and she's married to a musician (who's about to die by the way, he is an older man. haha).  She has a son who's a teen now.  This is her preggy for the 2nd time with her teen son talking to her tummy.


      Teen son's name is Vash (named after someone) 

And she has just recently gave birth to twins.  Yes, twins! Can you imagine?  I didn't know it was possible but I got them.  I was surprised when a window popped up asking for a second girl's name when I already input the first one.  I had to stop and think of another name which took me a bit of time.  Anyway, here's an image of the twin girls now grown up to toddlers.


    The girls' names are Kaori & Aerith

I did stop for a while with playing Sims but when the twins came out, I got excited to play again.  For now, the addiction is coming back.  But I guess once it runs out, I might have to come up with another scenario for me to get excited about.  But until then, I'll savour being a mother, even if it's only in virtual reality.  Haha.


    Snuggling Aerith (and it's hard to tell them apart, 
       I got identical twins instead of fraternal twins :P) 

No comments:

Post a Comment